Friday, January 17, 2014

I Am..

I am

I am my people. The faith, obediance, disobediance, doubt and unwillingness to let go go. I am my people. The pride, arrogance, passion, humility and tendency to forget what was done just yesterday having been caught up in today worrying about tomorrow. I am my people. Multi-hued via multiple kisses of the sun and i love my wooliness. I am my people. Pain, agony and oppression seem to flow as easily as the river Jordan and once upon a time i crossed there within the loins of my forefathers as the sun guarded their rear. I am my people. Reared by the strength of my mother, i grew up within a world situated for me to fail and subtly so.. I am my people. Obstacles set forth before me n hopes (of the dark pursuasion) of failure when reality was victory and that more abundantly.. I am my people. I too engaged idols and readily worshipped them and even did my dance. I am my people. N my haughty ignorance, i rose up within myself and beleived myself to b a god and thought accordingly and as my people, was brought low and experienced chains behind which existed no physical being. I am my people and i now chuse to do what my people so long ago seemed to give up on: returning home. As i am them and they r me, perhaps my actions will speak louder than these words.. My people, i am..

No comments:

Post a Comment